Friday, April 16, 2010

Petit nounours

 So Wednesday my little sister called me and she was super upset because my brother in law had just been admitted to the ER with some sort of crazy viral infection that attacked his GI Tract and they couldn't get him to stop vomiting. This is pretty crappy in and of itself but to make matters worse, her C-Section was scheduled for the very next day and they told her he shouldn't be in the operating room when she had the baby. I cannot even imagine how scared she was. My poor brother in law was feeling like the world's worst dad/husband. On a long shot, I called a friend who works for Delta and she was able to get me a buddy pass to fly out. Just a few hours later, I was in the air!
Little Jaden was born today (er, yesterday--it's waaaaay after midnight) and it was the coolest experience. I'm so sad that Matt couldn't be there to witness his son being born, but feel so blessed to have been able to be there. It was really awesome to get to experience it from a different perspective. As the mommy, I've been so out of it while my kids have been born. This time I could really take it all in and it was amazing.  They took him out and brought him around the drape to show him to us then took him over to the table to clean him up. As soon as they had him on the table they told me I could come take pictures. It was amazing! He was blue and wrinkly and covered in that gross greasy stuff but just beautiful. They roughed him up and wiped most of the gunk off and let me take him to Brandi. We cried and oohed and ahhed and took more pictures then I got to carry him to the recovery room to see his daddy. Matt and I got to help the nurse give him a bath and get him dressed. So awesome! I was the last one to see both of my kids so to have this opportunity was just incredible. And while my sister is afraid that he loves me more than he loves her (soooo not true--she's the food source which pretty much puts her at the top of his list) he and I truly do have an incredible bond. He seems to know my smell as well as his mom's and we've had some pretty sweet snuggles in just the short time he's been around. Each of Brandi's kids have had a specific (and literally a LIFESAVING) purpose and little Jaden is no exception. By the standards of modern medicine, he shouldn't be here. How wonderful that there is a God who is all-knowing and all-powerful who is TRULY in charge. One who sees the beginning AND the end. My little sister has been given a tremendous blessing that she didn't even know she needed. Everyone is crazy in love with him and I cannot wait to see what great things this little boy will do someday. I don't think he can help but be amazing. Here are some pictures of my sweet little teddybear:

2 smart remarks:

Steph said...

This is officially my favorite story of the day!

Mary said...

I'm so glad you could be there! Quel beau bébé!