Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I want a new drug...

Okay, first of all--have you noticed I'm blogging a lot more lately? Apparently I have all sorts of time with Jack in school. Lizzy is still home--how is it possible that I have MORE time with the wee one around who is still relatively helpless than I do with the 5 year old who can pretty much take care of himself? Weird. But I ride bikes.
So I've been taking the Lunesta to help me sleep but due to a sketchy family history, I don't like taking pills so I try to only take it when I really need to sleep. Plus it has some pretty annoying side effects. Last night I was pretty knackered (fighting with my kid who is learning more snark than reading, writing and arithmetic at school really takes it out of me!) so I figured I'd be okay. Problem: I woke up at like 2:30 and could not, for the life of me, get back to sleep. Horrible. I didn't want to take anything because I knew the kidlets would be up at 7 so I just stayed put, wide awake and miserable. Of course my brain does what it normally does when it is winning the battle against my body in the sleep competition. It started racing. Let me just let you know what I think about in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Things like:
1. Do I know anyone with a Sawz-All? I mean, since Scott has consented to bringing down the wall we should probably get it done before it's too cold to open the windows and re-paint. I need to move on this.
2. Oohh--repainting. I'm so excited to re-paint. I don't even want anything fancy. Just something BRIGHT. I wonder if Chad's offer to do it with a sprayer still stands. How much is it going to cost to buy paint for the whole upstairs? Well, not really the WHOLE upstairs but half of it at least. I think I'm going to repaint the kitchen cabinets. The black was fun, but Scott was right. Too dark. Shows everything. GAAAA! How do I repaint light over BLACK? That's going to involve a lot of primer. I need friends who like to paint. I hate painting.
3. I just had the weirdest dream. Tia and Harry were coming to visit with their Elisabeth and I was so excited to see them, but was freaking out because I didn't know if they were staying with us or not and I didn't have the guest room ready. So I was a little panicked. Except that they weren't coming and at about midnight a car pulled into our driveway only it wasn't them, it was my mom. But a different version of my mom. Not like better or worse, just different. So she comes in and I'm really surprised that she came to Utah and I'm also surprised that she has these rainbow colored extensions in her hair. She tells me all excitedly that she's started doing these colored extensions and it's this great new trend and do I want some? I didn't want to hurt her feelings (that would come later) so I told her that would be fine and she started braiding them out of scraps of fabric to put them in my hair. Like, dishcloths and a sleeping bag! I decided this was crazy and told her she looked like Rainbow Brite with all of those extensions in her hair. Sorry Mom.
4. "Say it ain't so a woah a woah...my love is a lifetaker!" (Weezer song)
5. I really wish I liked bacon and tomato sandwiches. The Boy's fam loves them but I just can't get into it. Hate tomatoes. It's a great family tradition to have them for August birthdays dinner. Unfortunately, as with most of their family food traditions, my spin on them is to eat something else. Sorry, guys. No offense. Sigh. I'm a lot of trouble.
6. I think I want to get a perm. Should I get a perm? I mean, my hair is getting so curly as I get older but I have to keep it in a pony tail because it's so flippy and weird. I think a perm might need to happen.
7. Didn't Scott say he needed to be up at 4? It's 4:15 and he's not up. Should I wake him up? Nah. I'd be really bugged if someone woke ME up at 4:15AM. Huh. 4:30. Still not up. Should I wake him? Nah. He's pretty responsible. If he's not up yet, I'm sure it's okay. 4:40 (alarm goes off) there we go! Wait, did he just snooze it? Does he do this EVERY Tuesday when he says he's up at 4?
8. Christina is getting baptized! I'm so excited!!
9. "This song is drowning in the flood! Yeah! Yeah Yeah! Yeah Yeah!" (Same Weezer song)
10. I'm sooooo tired!
11. What exactly ARE the "Colonel's Special Spices?" Can I find this out online? I need to see if Erica will give me some of her super secret seasoning stuff. What is it for? It must be good, though.
12. Does anything that tastes good NOT have high fructose corn syrup in it? I doubt it...

Okay, at this point Scott finally woke up and I burdened him with my random thoughts. After we chatted and I ran some of these things by him (weird that I don't think he was willing to make a paint decision at 5AM. Come on!)
This is why I don't sleep. This is why I'm ending this post right now to put Elisabeth down for a nap and take one myself. Grocery shopping can happen later. G'Night friends/family/Internet crazies!

1 smart remarks:

Mary said...

I can't confront you
I never could do
That which might hurt you
So try and be cool.