Thursday, September 30, 2010

BOO!

So Jack's school Halloween party is like a hundred years before Halloween (don't ask me why!) and for some reason that I don't understand our ward isn't doing a Halloween party this year. Now, I'm not going to lie that for a second, I considered spearheading a ward party. Then we had our Teacher Appreciation dinner where we planned and planned, hand delivered invitations, bought a ton of (amazing) food and like 5 teachers showed up with their families. Scott and I enjoyed the privilege of staying late to clean everything up even though it was waaaaayyyy past Lizzy's bedtime and she was so far beyond done there are no longer words to describe it. I decided that I'm not doing it again. Clearly, I'm pretty much the only person who cares about these things and we decided that if we're going to plan for a month, spend money out of our own pocket and stay up late cleaning, we're doing it in our own home. So I told Jack he could pick 10 friends from school and we'll have a little party here at home. (Okay, mostly little. I promised Scott I wouldn't go overboard so I can't rent smoke machines or anything! But still..this is ME we're talking about. I LOVE a party!) First, I made these cute invitations


Then I found a template for a Halloween Bingo Game (How adorable is this?)
My mother in law gave me a funny suggestion..at first I was like, "ewwww! Gross!" But then, as I thought about it, I realized it's pretty much something right up the alley of a 5 and 6 year old boy..she suggested instead of a pinata, I somehow rig a white sheet or white fabric and make a ghost that could "poop" candy. I know, I know...juvenile and gross, but I know that Jack will think it's the funniest thing in the world. Any suggestions for how to make this happen? I already have Camille-Babes all over it since this is something she rocks at but hey--all suggestions are welcome. I also thought it would be fun to have someone in each room of the house (We'll put Scott in the bathroom since that's where he's most comfortable!) and let the kids trick or treat in the house. Here's where you comment with more suggestions for fun things to keep these little goblins occupied! You may also volunteer to come stand behind a door if you live close and have nothing better to do that night. (Friends/Family only. Internet crazies need not apply. Um, no offense.)
Anyway, I LOVE Halloween so I'm excited to make this fun! I can't wait until Scott gets home from work so I can make him haul all of our Halloweeeeeeeen stuff out of the attic! Woot!

2 smart remarks:

Mary said...

That sounds way fun . . . and it sounds like you are feeling better. When is this alleged fête?

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

what a cute idea! good luck planning and executing it. you are such a fun mom!