Friday, January 27, 2012

Get a Life!

I have this gift, you see. I am the queen of over-commitment. If there is fluff to be found that can be used to waste time and distract me, I am all over it. (Example: This blog post!) But here's my (very quick because I need to go Get a Life) newest epiphany. I only have one life to live. I don't want to waste it with stuff that doesn't matter. I want to RELISH my life, I want to surround myself with people who uplift me and I want to be a person who uplifts. I want to pamper my husband and cherish my children. I want to thank God every day for what He's given me. Not just big things like, you know, breath, but the little things He's given to make my journey more enjoyable. Flowers, the smell of babies' breath, the way my kids love and love and love even when I make mistakes...there is so much delicious detail in our lives that just gets passed by while we wrapped up in this business of living. I want to get a life. A life that is full of love and full of joy. Full of forgiveness and acceptance and gratitude and faith. I want every day to be the best day yet. So instead of grumbling that I have chores to do, I'm going to be grateful that we are blessed to have enough to make a mess. And I'm not going to scrub the corners of my floors--I'm going to clean up and play with my kids because that's what makes a good day.
Life is short. It is short and uncertain. I want to enjoy every single wonderful piece of it. I want to get a life. You should go get one, too. Remember that WE choose our lives. They are not chosen for us. We decide what to do with the cards we've been dealt and we choose what we will use to fill up our time. I want to do better at choosing wisely. By better choosing my actions and my attitude. Right now I'm choosing to go do the dishes. LOL.

1 smart remarks:

Laurie said...

Peggy, I love you! That is all. :-)