Monday, October 03, 2011

Things I've Always Wanted to Do-Week 3

Week 3 came and I was reminded that life is fragile. Now, no one close to me died--thank heavens--but there were a couple of close calls for a couple of people that I love. Life is short, friends (family and Internet crazies) and I choose to live a life without regrets. So I decided this week to write notes to people I love telling them why I love them. This was hard--I am so blessed with so many amazing friends and family members who astound and inspire me constantly. When I first started making my list of who to send notes to I went into this Guilt Mode. What if I leave someone out? What if I send a card to one person but not another and that other person finds out I sent the first person a card, are they going to be offended? But I decided to send the Guilt Monster packing. I was not going to allow myself to be paralyzed and therefore unable do even START this project. I decided to make a list of EVERYONE I would want to send cards to and choose 20 people from that list (a book of stamps) to actually send cards to. So if you don't get a card from me (and if I, you know, KNOW you...) please know that chances are, I DO in fact think you're awesome and I sent great big happy wishes out into the Universe for ALL of you. ;o)
So here are my cards:

This was a great exercise in realizing how much I am loved and how grateful I am to have the most amazing people in my life. I'm admittedly a terrible friend--I don't always answer my phone or return text messages but I do feel like the luckiest girl ever to have these people in my life.

0 smart remarks: